Friday 24 March 2017

Another day in my art world and stuff

Friday:


Above is a drawing that has taken me some time to finish off and somewhat different to any previous 'obliterarty' drawing that I have previously done and as I completed it and looked for a couple of minutes I chose a pen and went straight onto the next drawing feeling free and I embarked on the drawing below. It felt quite joyous as I didn't seem to need the same intense concentration I had put in to the last drawing. I have no real idea why this one was so much fun doing it just was. I didn't quite finish it in last nights drawing session but I had a few moments I finished the few empty boxes to make it complete.


Today has been a running around doing a bit of this and a bit of that day even a quick visit to the Arts Club to meet Dee and Dave Brotherton.

Back home now and thinking about what I will draw tonight whilst trying to avoid bad tele. We have one disc left of a David Hockney triple set to watch is entertainment runs out. The other two were quite fascinating, it still quite amazes me how much work and in his different styles most of which I get and enjoy, even the ones I am left drawn to still seem interesting and part of the whole pantheon of his work.

This Saturday night on BBC 2 there is going to be a documentary on Paula Rego, an artist that my wife first brought to my gaze and I find her work interesting and am thoroughly looking forward to it, it will be an education. We were given the heads up on this documentary because it was brought up in Barnoon Workshop drawing group on Monday morning by one of the drawers in the group. Over the last two years the group has seen many people join us once or many times more. They are a good friendly interesting bunch of people and a great way to start the weeks 'art' with.

Just before I go off and draw I will leave you and this blog with some close ups of some of the work I have done over the last year or so. I find them interesting and I hope you do too.












No comments:

Post a Comment