Sunday 24 September 2017

New finished drawing, work in progress and non abstract drawings.

Sunday:


Above is the drawing I finished off last evening and I am very pleased with it indeed. It has a certain delicacy that some of my drawings don't.


After I spent a few minutes taking in my last finished drawing I then set about going on to the next one. I chose two pens to do three things and then I will later chose a third pen after I have finished with the second one.

Today had a bit of a slow morning and a bit of a lay in and after we went up to Barnoon to tidy up and get ready for the drawing group and then watercolour tomorrow.


On the way down town after leaving the workshop to get some supplies for tonight and to get lemons for our soap workshops at The Lost Gardens of Heligan this coming week on Wednesday and Friday. It was really sunny on top of Barnoon Hill but looking over to The Island and towards Godrevy the sea mist had really closed in and obscured them.



 Over the last couple of years and through the course of writing these blogs for over 550 daily missives I have focused in on what I am doing as an artist. Mainly I now know that most of my work seems to fit the description of 'Contemporary Abstract Drawing'. I am happy with that as a definition but I am sure others might argue otherwise. Whilst this has come into focus I have also been developing a more minimal way of drawing non abstract works. I am going to maybe do some larger ones over the winter period, I want to explore it more. Above and the three below are examples of two strands I want to explore more.




I am off to do more to my work in progress......

No comments:

Post a Comment