Wednesday 30 November 2016

New and newly found Contemporary Abstract Drawing and 'Back To Beauty' Exhibition.


Above is a drawing I started and finished in my 'whole sketchbook' project that I started somewhere near the beginning of September. I have only flicked through the whole thing a few times but it seems to hang together quite well and with the odd surprise as you travel through it's pages.


Above is a drawing that I have just found again in the middle of some wrapped browser works. This was completed earlier this year and I must say I think I feel more pleased with it than at the time I did it. I do like it when that happens.

Today has been another mixed day, I went and sorted out our water delivery to Barnoon Workshop and then went to many places around town delivering more leaflets of our December events including for our mini pop-up exhibition Back To Beauty that starts tomorrow evening with a private view from 5pm so if you read this and are in the area please pop into see us, otherwise do pop in 11:00 - 16:00 Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I will be there most of the time and working on some larger drawings whist it is open. It will be interesting seeing mine and Zoe Eaton's work up together again although we seem to be hung in the same places quite a lot these days, from being in the Uys Gallery until it sadly shut and had our own 'Art Lovers' exhibition at Cafe Art in the summer. So here we go again. I think our work goes well together, we have a lot in common and enough differences for it to work together.

Whilst delivering leaflets around town I also took this shot below of the remaining sand wall on Porthminster Beach, it is much like the one on Porthgwidden that I photographed last weekend. It is impressive what a storm leaves us in this elemental part of the world.


I am doing this blog earlier than usual as I have a few guitar lessons to do later this afternoon and evening.
So I am off to do that and then on with my pattern quest later this evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment