Wednesday 9 August 2017

Joe Greenaway Exhibition and new drawings and Barnoon Workshop.

Wednesday:


 Above is what happened when I actually decided what the next stage of this drawing would be. Yesterday I was having quite an internal debate of how to finish it and here it is done and I am happy.

Today started with helping to set up for a morning workshop and then me leading another drawing tour about buildings and architecture. It was pretty windy and not that warm so we ended up in Norway Square a warm sheltered spot and we got on with our drawings.


Above and below are two examples I did to help free up and speed up one of the ladies drawing styles, so I suggested a kind of contour drawing with a few details and then continuous line drawing. I am quite pleased with both as they were done on demand.


This afternoon I helped with a  Shibori workshop at Barnoon and then we had a quick relaxing visit to The Upper Deck and then before I went back up to Barnoon Workshop to deliver my weekly guitar lesson I bumped into artist of this parish Joe Greenaway.
A few years ago when we had Cafe Art we put on a couple of his exhibitions and his work always went down well. We missed his show last week at The Salthouse Gallery but it seems he has a pop up show at The Salvation Army rooms on the Wharf so I took a couple of pics and had a chat, the one below already has a sold sticker on it. So drop in over the next few days I am sure he will be pleased to see you and do enjoy his work.



Well I am off to draw and relax before tomorrow, cheers all.

No comments:

Post a Comment