Friday 16 December 2016

St Ives Lantern Parade and drawing and maybe more.


Today has been a day of getting the remaining lanterns together for our 2nd annual parade and it was brought to our notice that both our local newspapers are right behind our event. So we are now hoping for good weather and lots of people, we also have the St Ives Mermaid who will be at the end of the parade along with our Mayor Linda Taylor.







Above and below are the new puppet that is being added to this years event, I am not putting our new girl pirate on social media just yet but for my blog readers here is a couple of pics of the nearly finished lantern puppet made by our very good friend Morag who has come down from Edinburgh especially to build for us and I think she has done a brilliant job on a small budget. Hopefully next year we will have a lot more funding and we will be able to put on an even bigger show.





Also today there has been a wave warning, apparently there has been and event somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean that is sending this large pulse wave at these shores and with this in mind I took this pic of Porthmeor Beach. There were quite a few surfers out there today taking advantage of a calm weather day with a rather large swell for the conditions, larger waves than would be expected could be seen breaking on our shores, it feels like a small portent to what might come tomorrow, we will see.



Above is a rare pic of me drawing.

Below is a varied set of drawings I have done over the last year.









Looking at these I am thinking that considering I make drawings mainly based in dots they are really quite varied.

I am off to draw, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment