Thursday 19 January 2017

New drawings, altered sketchbook work and some higher quality images.

Here is today's blog in the harsh poor world of an artist waiting for the next sales, I suppose it is what I signed up for but I need an agent or something. Anyway that aside here are some of the things I have been working on.


Above and below are two new small scale drawings that I did in last night's drawing session and I like them, channeling my inner Hayley Tompkins again I think. I do love what you can do in such a small environment.







Above is another drawing that I am doing in my altered sketchbook I have been switching between  obliterating the original art work, I suppose it is my punk roots and letting it show through as a ghost.





Above is one obliterated but I am now adding to the boarder to enhance the pattern and just to be playful.


Above is another from Jordan's series of photo's that he did of my work last weekend, I know I have said that before this week but you won't know if you haven't been reading daily or keeping up. Another one in my circle series I believe.





Above is a drawing I did in the middle of last year but I hadn't had in photographed properly before. It is A3 in size and has dots on dots. I have no idea how many but I would think it must be 10,000 or so, I maybe wrong but hey....
 

Above is a drawing that I did last week on paper and a water colour back ground and I like it and a little bit of a departure from my usual.

Today has been another busy day of doing our books and networking and now I am starting to relax although I do not have too much to relax about, life seems a little on hold and just trying to stay positive but this evening's drawing should help with that and I have a couple of pints of cider to help to.

Tomorrow I am aiming to blog some of the larger drawings that were in last weeks photo session, one probably has the most amount of dots I have ever put on paper and the other the most amount of lines, thanks also to Jordan. www.flickr.com/jordanlaurencejackson 

I am off now so Peace to you all.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment