Wednesday 27 July 2016

Work in Progress art on the BBC again.......


Above is a drawing I was working on last night and I now know that I have to do more dots to finish it off.


Above is an update on a drawing I started a couple of weeks or so ago and today I spent more than two hours on today it has grown. Below shows where I had got to on it last week for comparison.


Today has been quite a nice relaxing day for me I got a half size classical guitar operational by making the bridge part lower and giving it a new set of strings. The guitar was given to me by our next door neighbour Tim and will come in handy for my guitar classes.
This evening I have delivered a guitar class for a father and son, which was nice and it looks like they will be regulars too.
I have also attended a meeting of The St Ives In December Group, representing Barnoon Workshop and our Christmas Lantern Parade that is going into year two after it's success last year.

Inbetween times my Mother in Law has arrived and we now seem like a full family house, from us two to now five.

I am shocked to report that art was on the BBC again last night in the form of a documentary on Georgia O'Keeffe. It was part of Alan Yentob's Imagine series and was quite an insight into her life and work and I did really enjoy it, not just because I feel starved of culture on the television at the moment but it was a damn good watch.

I have read another chapter of The Grayson Perry 'Playing To The Gallery' book and it continues on very much with his wit wisdom and voice all sounding true. I would highly recommend it if you are into art or even just want to get an angle on the art world.

Right I am off to be with family and do more drawing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment