Tuesday 10 October 2017

New drawing, Tate St Ives and 'Hand Held View'

Tuesday:


Above is my new drawing that I thought I had completed but I have just notice a few small gaps missed which I will sort before I get the next drawing started. Below is a close up of this drawing.



Above and below are two drawings I also did yesterday in the 'small drawings' session on Monday morning. It is not easy drawing small things.



Above are another two pencil drawings from this same session.

This morning we have mainly been in the workshop receiving more entries to 'Hand Held View' and then we spent lunch overlooking Porthmeor and as we turned I took this pic of The Tate and looking at it now there is not much sign of then opening phase two this weekend. So after our lunch we nipped back up the hill to our workshop just at the side of the new Tate extension we carried on our work to get ready for our opening show that opens this weekend as well. I am looking forward to going round tomorrow as we have been invited. Having followed this project very closely indeed through its entirety it will be good to see the new exhibition spaces all joined up and indeed the new show and of course how they feature St Ives modernists.


Another blow is today we have found out that there is no funding for the Lantern Parade this year which is such a shame as we started the St Ives Lantern Parade nearly 3 years ago and sadly looks like it wont happen this year.

Well I am off to get some things done and also get some drawing and thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment