Wednesday 5 July 2017

Abstract and not.

Wednesday:


Above and below are the double page work I did last night, well in truth I didn't quite finish it off last night but did the last few lines this afternoon.



Above is how the double page spread looks in this whole sketchbook.

Today I took part in a day workshop on drawing for absolute beginners and I did a few experiments along with doing lots of other drawings, below is an ink wash pattern playing with my current themes.



Above is a green pepper on green paper using charcoal and chalk and a bit of the frottage technique I picked up on Mondays drawing class.


Above is a fine liner drawing of a mustard plant.


Above is the final drawing, ink and wash I did this afternoon of the wall outside Barnoon Workshop, in artist stylee I decided not to draw in the unsightly scene behind the wall which is bright green hoardings and double height 'container' offices that are part of The Tate St Ives extension which to be honest I will be glad to see them go. They have been blighting our view for way too long as the works there are over a year behind.

It has been a beautifully warm today, my son is down with us on holiday with two of his school mates and the seem to have hit the weather perfectly for active teenagers.

I am off to draw in my book it gets ever near the end of the project and with many new ideas in my head ready to pour out when I move on to the next works.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment