Monday 29 February 2016

Leap Year Day.



Well today was the start of the week and a leap year day, nothing special in that exactly but I have had a busy one. It started by going to the DROP IN AND DRAW session at Barnoon Workshop here in St Ives, www.barnoonworkshop.co.uk. Although I am an abstract artist I do enjoy having to draw 'something', today it was Mackerel on a plate not easy but an interesting bit of discipline. The class was run by Melanie Uys and it finished at midday, she was running a mono-printing workshop in the afternoon, so I sat in the Uys Gallery ( http://www.uysgallery.co.uk ) for the afternoon working on a drawing on card which I should finish tonight so will blog it when it is finished.

The drawing above was completed a little while ago, using letraset pro markers metallic gel pens and ink but thought I would add an image for this blog. I started this drawing just after Christmas whilst on a visit to Modern Art Oxford to see Anne Hardy's exhibition 'Field' and I especially liked the Process Photograms in the middle gallery. My 15 year old son and I also enjoyed the experience of Punctuated Remains in the third space The Piper Gallery although I am not entirely sure why, such is.

No comments:

Post a Comment